Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New little set and step by step.

Here is my newest creation:
A cute little set with a photo frame, a little treasure box and a coordinate switch plate in a beautiful colour combo:



Here is how to transform some decorative items into pretty little details:
Here are a few items I wanted to decorate to make a little set: A picture frame (with chipboard flowers for the embellishments), a little box (and then I added a switch plate)


First you need to prepare your items by painting them in white (it helps to get a brighter colour of your napkin); Then cut all the pieces you'll need in your paper (once again paper napkins are my favorite!)


When the paint is dry (you might need to apply 2 layers), you can modpodge everything!:

At this point I thought of adding a mat to my frame and I wanted it assorted, so I chose to decoupage it with the brown swirls; I don't like to modpodge on cardstock, so I used heat-n-bond to apply my napkin on it:

A little journey under my iron, a few layers of varnish and some pearl embellishments and voila!:




You can find my switch plate decoupage tutorial on my squidoo lens


You can find these items in my shop....

Featured on:
my craftgawker gallery



Shared on:
   
 PhotobucketNightOwlCrafting




All Things Heart and Home



Running with Glitter

5 comments:

  1. Now that's a step beyond the kind of decoupage I usually do! I love the mat!That makes all the difference! Wonderful!!!
    xo
    Robin
    All Things Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are awesome..you are really smart friend,you did it nicely..
    well keeep it up you have a colorful blog.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful little set! Love the colors and style! BTW - thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks really awesome. Great work! I've never heard about using the iron, but I'll try :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...