Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Decoupaged Easter Egg(s)!

Yesterday I saw some nice decoupaged eggs made by Judy (DIY by Design); I told her that it's easier to decorate them with thinner paper like tissue paper, paper napkins, rice and silk paper.

I also like to use real eggs!

To empty a real egg, there are different techniques;
In whatever technique you need to make a little hole on the top and at the bottom; Handle your egg on top of a bowl and either blow with a thin straw or with a syringe (for sure it's a bit messy!);
Then when it's empty, fill it with water to clean it and decorate it.

Modpodge and decorate your egg with small design paper; Here I used a little chick, a daffodil and some pansies all around;
Once it's dry you can varnish it (I like everything shiny!!) and decorate it with some ribbons.



I just found another version of decoupaged eggs that are absolutly beautiful, check Terry's blog



my craftgawker gallery

Shared on:

Photobucket



Photobucket







2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'm going to check out the other posts. I decoupaged eggs last year and it was a mess, pretty.. but I'm sure there's an easier way. I used one layer (the design part) of cocktail napkins. Got a dozen eggs. I used real eggs and stored them in the carton all decorated for this year.
    Cheers!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this EGG! Im SO doing this!

    Thank you for linking this up to Whassup Wednesday! Hope to see you this week at my
    Par-Taaaay!

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...